Globally, a sport as an industry has a unifying appeal. It has the power to define nations as a whole. Sports offer a perfect opportunity to explore scientific concepts such as force, motion, potential energy, velocity, and torque.
For many students, school-organized sports play an important role in their academic and social experiences.
Every school has sports embedded in their curriculum as they understand the importance of physical health and activity. To keep this in mind, Sage International School, One of the best private schools of Bhopal, provides a perfect platform to students of all age group to excel in various sports like volleyball, basketball, cricket, and football also keeps alive the spirit of some of our traditional games like kabaddi and kho-kho.
Khelo India scheme:
Under the Khelo India scheme, the Government is supporting the development of sports at the grassroots levels through the initiative such as Khelo India School Games.
Opening ceremony of Khelo India scheme.
- This program has been introduced to revive the sports culture in India at the grass-roots levels by building a strong framework for all sports played in the country and with the aim to establish India as a great sporting country.
- The twelve areas have been identified under this scheme, which will impact the entire sports ecosystem including sports infrastructure, talent identification, coaching for excellence, community sports, and competition structure, and sports economy. We, Sage International School, the best school in Bhopal, gives ample training by best coaches and taking out the excellent from them to in-cash their talent and stamina in a positive and sporting way.
- Schools and colleges are the environments where young people spend a significant amount of time and taking advantage of this, we Sage International School, Top CBSE school of Bhopal, encourage our students to take active participation in sports along with academics.
- During these formative years, along with quality education, an emphasis on sports and physical education framework is equally important. Educational environments need to be supportive of students being physically active. This is what we, sage International School, the top private school of Bhopal, is delivering to our students effectively and increasing the productivity of students.
Importance of adopting sports and education:
- The importance of adopting sports and education for the success of youth development has been recognized by the Indian Government as early as 1984 when the National Sports Policy recommended making sports and physical education an integral part of the school curriculum.
- National Sports Policy, 2011 stresses on the point that sports and physical education play an important role in developing human capital, increase productivity and foster social harmony.
- Typically School athletic activities provide enjoyable, supervised activities for youth. Student-athletes report healthier eating habits, higher levels of cardiovascular fitness, increased parental support and decreased anxiety and depression.
Shift in the mindset of parents:
- One also notices an interesting shift in the mindset of parents; they are now aware and understand the importance of a physically fit body and fully coordinate with the school.
- The realization of the negative impact that today’s lifestyle brings on their children has made parents become proactive in their search for options for their child’s fitness, they now encourage their children to take up some form of sports or physical activity along with their studies.
Some of the positive effects of education in sports are:
Children are introduced to the benefits of a healthy lifestyle early in their lives by instilling the habit and culture of taking up outdoor activities.
- Introduction of sports curriculum at an early stage can act as building blocks for future sportspersons and Sage International School, one of the best private schools of Bhopal, sports activities are introduced to kindergarten students in a fun way to keep them physically fit.
- It will provide educational opportunities through scholarships for underprivileged talent.
Schools in India are gradually beginning to realize the importance of sports in the overall development of children, and how vital it is to encourage them to take up sports.
The growing awareness of how sports contribute to the growth of children in terms of life skills has led parents and school authorities to encourage children to take up sports, whereas previously the focus was entirely on academics. The realization that sports help in the development of teamwork, trust, sharing responsibilities and working together towards a common goal has led to a spurt in the sports activities in schools.
Slowly, educationalists and government departments have realized the importance of sports’ and are planning for inclusions in the curriculum which is an essential part of the present-day school education. If the government and educationalist initiatives are properly laid down, one can see a different face of the students in the future. Sage International School is committed to the inclusion of sports as an integral part of academics for the betterment and overall growth and development of its students.